MICROSOFT PROJECT ONLINE
Microsoft PPM (Microsoft Project Online in the cloud and Microsoft Project Server for on premise) provides the power behind PS+. It enables your organization to quickly start projects, prioritize project portfolio investments, and deliver results with the intended business value. Delivered through Office 365, it’s the flexible online solution for project portfolio management (PPM) and everyday work – from virtually anywhere on any device. With Microsoft PPM you get:
- A single source of Portfolio, Project and Resource data
- A rich, powerful and fully functional PPM platform
- Endless customization and configuration options
- The ability to standardize on one solution for all users
- Standard Microsoft look and feel
- Integration with other Microsoft products
This sophisticated Microsoft Project Online and Project server platform provides the capabilities needed to excel in successful project delivery, from real-time communication and centralized collaboration, to a 360 degree visibility of overall project and resource performance. Microsoft Project Online and Project Server work as the platform, PS+ gives you the solution. Learn more about what’s included with PS+ that Microsoft Project Online / Project Server doesn’t include.
1. Work Virtually Anywhere
- With Microsoft Project Online you can work from the home, from the office, from the train; from ‘virtually anywhere’.
- Collaborate simply with your colleagues, your customers and your suppliers on one platform and a single source of information.
- Solve your business problems with tried and tested technology and zero up-front infrastructure costs.
- Work across browsers to access your project data in real-time.
- Accessible point and click reporting enables you to gain insight into your overall portfolio instantly.
2. Resource Management
- Optimize your resource capacity by project and portfolio, whilst aligning your overall resource allocation to your strategic business goals.
- Manage your project pipeline and gain visibility of what your people are working on across any timeframe. Look at individual resources, skills and teams understanding over and under utilization.
- Seamlessly integrate your team member calendars in Exchange to your project platform, to simplify project scheduling and task status updates, whilst enhancing task-sharing capabilities.
3. Effective Collaboration
- Work, share and interact with your colleagues across different devices and locations.
- Use collaborative tools to improve overall visibility by seamlessly making calendars and capacity information available across your organization.
- Company newsfeeds are an easy and accessible way of sharing and promoting what teams are doing. Follow specific sites, tags, documents and people and see the information that is most relevant to you.
- SharePoint & SharePoint Online search capabilities make it easier to execute everyday work and projects more effectively, by supplying reliable information at the press of a button.
- Powerful security features make sharing information and collaborating with trusted business partners that much more dependable and secure.
4. Reduce Risk
- Microsoft Project Online and Project Server allow you to easily enter, track and manage risks across all projects.
- Enhance visibility of risks and issues for all team members and senior stakeholders, with summaries on your project homepage.
- Workflow and version control your risks and issues to understand and authorize change.
- Improves Risk to Issue Management by providing business specific fields, whilst refining issue prevention through trend data.
5. Optimised Portfolio Management
- Effectively evaluate your strategic objectives to prioritize business drivers.
- Align projects and ideas to drivers highlighting the contribution of competing requests to determine alignments and streamline project initiation.
- Automatically evaluate project requests to determine the ideal project selection to meet your business objectives.
- Review your resource capacity against demand and undertake ‘what if’ analysis to understand potential demand or availability.
6. Enhanced Guidance and Oversight
- Control project processes by easily designing and implementing automated workflows using the SharePoint workflow engine.
- Escalate key information automatically to the relevant parties for information or resolution.
- Utilize Excel services to report and query your PPM data.
- Create views of data to support overall visibility or management by exception. Allow drill down to interrogate the detail.